Frequently Asked Questions
Homely comes, as standard, with a one year warranty that covers manufacturing defects. This is extended to two years if it was installed by an approved Homely installer. Full details can be found in our Terms & Conditions.
We are passionate about the environment and recycling. Get in touch with us and we’ll sort out a postage paid return, so that we can recycle as much as possible.
Get in touch and we’ll be able to advise based on the nature of the damage.
If your new home has a heat pump fitted, or you are considering getting one installed, then it might be prudent to take your Homely hub with you. If you need to confirm that the new home’s heat pump is compliant with Homely then get in touch.
The temperature node should be placed in the room that you most frequently use. The node should be placed away from direct sunlight, air flow, for example a frequently opened window, and any device that can generate heat, such as an oven or a large TV.
The temperature node provides important information such as room temperature and humidity. The temperature node communicates wirelessly to the Hub at regular intervals throughout the day.
For general enquiries email us at [email protected].
During office hours you can call us on 0161 818 9005. Urgent out of hours support is also available.
You can write to us at: Homely Support Team, Evergreen Energy, The Edge Business Centre, The Edge, Clowes Street, Manchester, M3 5NA.
We aim to fulfil orders within 3-4 working days. However, temporary Covid-19 restrictions may lead to longer delivery times of up to 7 working days. We are working to minimise any disruption.
There are no ongoing costs if you choose to run your Homely in either Standard or Smart mode. If you want to take advantage of the benefits of Smart+ mode then there is an annual charge of £25. However, every Homely comes with 12 months access to Smart+ included, so you can try it at no risk.
The equipment that Homely requires varies by heat pump manufacturer. The cost of the base kit is £200. One temperature node is included. Any additional temperature nodes can be purchased for £25. If you’d like to find out more, visit the product page.
Homely currently supports:
- Agile Octopus
- Economy 7
- Octopus Go / Go Faster
We are adding new smart tariffs to the list as they launch. Email us at [email protected] (please use “Tariff request” as the subject line) if there is a tariff that you would like to be added.
Homely works great in Smart mode. But it really comes into its own when switched to Smart+ mode:
- Smart+ mode optimises your heat pump to work on smart variable tariffs, such as Agile Octopus.
- Variable tariffs do what they say on the tin – you pay variable rates depending on the time of day.
- Smart+ mode works in partnership with you. It understands your heating needs, pulls down all the tariff data each day and then formulates a heating schedule to ensure you get the temperatures you want, when you want them. It’s really smart. That’s why we called it Smart+.
- Want to try it out? Every Homely comes with 12 months access to Smart+ included as standard. After that there is an annual fee of £25.* That’s less than a cost of coffee a month.
- When used optimally, Smart+ can deliver savings of up to 30% compared with fixed tariffs.
*This fee is correct on the issue date of March 2021.